At Risk Insurance Brokers, we value you as a customer. We take your personal privacy seriously.
- We do not sell your personal information, so there is no need to “opt out.”
- We only share personal information to give you the insurance services you seek.
- We may use your information to tell you about Risk Insurance Brokers products.
- We may use your information as permitted by law.
- Anyone who sees your information must keep it private.
- We do not share your medical information unless we need to verify insurance coverage benefits or as allowed by law.
Information we collect
In providing our products to you, we collect information about you. We may share this data for business and legal reasons.
- We may collect the following personal information: Your name, address, email address, telephone number, social security number, credit card and other personal information.
- Most of the data we collect about you comes from you, your application, your agent, or broker.
- We get data from your transactions with us. For example, the insurance you purchase, your account balances and your payment history.
- We also get data from consumer reports. This includes claim history reports, motor vehicle reports or credit reports.
Information we share
Risk Insurance Brokers only shares your personal information as allowed by law. We will release your information with a written request signed and dated by you.
We may share your information with:
- Affiliates for regulatory reasons.
- Insurance agents or brokers.
- Brokers, agents or other insurers to respond to your application for commercial business insurance.
- Reinsurance companies or claims administrators.
- Insurance regulators or law enforcement officials.
- Lienholders, assignees, lessors, or other persons having a beneficial or legal interest in the policy.
- Others to prevent fraud, respond to a subpoena or search warrant.
- Companies that provide motor vehicle reports, credit reports or claims history.
- Auto repair shops, medical providers or others providing services covered by your policy.
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties who require such information to support our business.
- For commercial business we may share your applications with brokers, agents or other insurers to respond to your application for insurance.
Risk Insurance Brokers reserves the right to share your nonpublic financial information with its affiliates for marketing purposes without getting your prior written consent. The law does not restrict these disclosures. Risk Insurance Brokers affiliates include Insurance Company of the West, Explorer Insurance Company, Explorer American Insurance Company, and VerTerra Insurance Company.
Practices to protect confidentiality and security
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. We only share your information with employees and service providers who need to see it. Their use of your information is limited by law and written agreements, where appropriate. Payments made online are protected using at least 128 bit SSL encryption.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
How to correct personally identifiable information
To change personally identifiable information you will need to sign into your Online Payment account. After signing in you can access the “Change Personal Information” page. You can then edit the fields as necessary. You may also send correction requests to your agent or broker.
Corrections will be completed within 30 days of the request. If a change cannot be made we will send you a notice explaining why the correction will not be completed. You have the right to file a statement telling us what you think is correct and the reasons why you disagree with our refusal.
How to request recorded personally identifiable information
You may send a written request to your agent or broker asking for a copy of any recorded personal information. The request must describe the recording you are requesting. If we can reasonably locate and retrieve the recording it will be provided. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs in providing this record.
Cookies & Web Beacons
To enhance your experience with our sites, many of our web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on this site from time to time for this and other purposes.
Risk Insurance Brokers may use common tracking technologies like browser cookies or analytical tools to enhance your overall customer experience. We may also collect non-personally identifiable demographic information (such as city/state location) about the visitors to our site. Beyond aggregate information regarding number of site visits, we do not track visitors to our sites. We do not have the necessary technology to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other, comparable mechanisms.
Collection of information by Third-Party Sites
Some of our sites contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time.
You may also request a copy by contacting your individual agent or broker.
Last updated on March 20, 2017.